Summer is officially right around the corner and I’m planning on long beach days and outdoor fun! But no matter what I’m doing or where I’ll be sun protection is an essential.
With so many sunscreen options available these days, it can be tough to sort through them all. That’s why I’ve done the research for you and I’m sharing some of my favorites, all free of parabens and that other nasty stuff I keep out of my skincare. Luckily, there are lots of great naturally focused brands, like Coola and MD Solar Science, that are safe for even babies (over 6 months of age) to use daily.
Here are my recommendations:
- Coola Mineral Face SPF 30 Tint Moisturizer: I wear this everyday throughout the year because it’s lightweight and gives a matte finish. At $36 dollars a bottle you’re getting organic natural ingredients nontoxic to the skin.
- REDEFINE TRIPLE DEFENSE TREATMENT BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30 : Love this lightweight moisturizer! It applies easily without leaving any residue and reverses signs of aging.
- MDSolarSciences Quick Dry Body Spray Broad Spectrum SPF 40 and MDSolarSciences Mineral Sunscreen Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 40: I use these two products for the entire family. They’re organic, safe for babies over 6 months of age and the price range is just right!
- 4. San Diego Hat Company Women’s Ribbon Large Brim Hat: I live in these hats during the summer. They’re wide brimmed with large shade coverage and the best part is you can fold them easily and the shape won’t change. Perfect for your next beach vacation!
5. COOLA® Suncare Mineral Liplux SPF 30: Don’t forget about your lips! The extra-delicate skin is often overlooked, but is just as vulnerable to the sun’s rays as the rest of your face. Organic cupuacu butter and mongongo oil in this tinted lip balm moisturize, and it comes in the prettiest range of colors that are naturally flavored for a fun treat.
Now go out and have some fun in the sun! And remember!
Sandra Thomasian, MD