Ever since I purchased my instant pot I have been OBSESSED and never looked back. I use it at least three times per week. My instant pot turkey meatballs are moist, healthy, easy, and best of all KID FRIENDLY!
INSTANT POT TURKEY MEATBALLS
Yields 4 servings
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs (you can use regular bread crumbs but I find panko helps the meatball bind better)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan plus more for sprinkling later
- 1 lbs of ground dark turkey meat
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 cups of your favorite marinara sauce (I like using the basil marinara sauce from Trader Joe’s)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper
- In a large bowl stir together the bread crumbs, parsley, eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add the turkey and gently stir to combine. (Do not stir too much because overworking meat can make the meatballs tough)
- Shape the meat mixture into bite sized balls (I like to use a cookie scooper) and place them on the cookie sheet
- Bake the meatballs for 5 minutes. This will help the meatball hold their form.
- Add two cups of marinara to instant pot.
- Arrange meatballs in the instant pot. It’s ok to layer them.
- Place remaining 1-2 cups of marinara over the meatballs
- Cover the Instant Pot and make sure valve is on “sealing.” Set the timer on manual (high pressure) to 7 minutes. When the timer beeps release the pressure manually Open the lid.
- Serve warm with pasta, on buns, over polenta, or enjoy alone as an appetizer.