If you’re looking to cut calories but still want to have your cake, this all natural watermelon cake is what you need. My sister in law had gestational diabetes during her second pregnancy. So when it came to celebrating her birthday she decided she still wanted cake but not the traditional kind. Thats where this no bake watermelon cake came into fruition.
All the kids(and me!) were so excited you would think it was a real birthday cake! I’ve never seen watermelon disappear so quickly!
- Large seedless watermelon (cold and refrigerated prior)
- Fage Yogurt 2% (17.6 oz size) not shown below
- 8 oz bag of raw sliced almonds or shredded coconut
- Mix of your favorite berries for topping (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- Cut off the top and bottom end of the watermelon
- Cut the rind off ending with a cake like shape (trim off sharp edges)
- Pat the outside of the watermelon dry with paper towels (this is important because it will help the yogurt adhere better)
- Using a spatula start frosting the watermelon with the greek yogurt.
5. Grab a handful of sliced almonds and pat them all over the sides of the cake (this is a slightly messy step so make sure you have a tray underneath)
6. To cover any imperfections adorn the bottom of the cake with desired berry7. Adorn with your favorite fruits on top ! (you can serve immediately or refrigerate)