I absolutely love this season and something about having children makes Halloween all the more special.
But just because it’s Halloween doesn’t mean it’s a free for all of candy for the kids. I let them go trick or treating but at the end, I allow them to choose 5-10 pieces they absolutely love and trade the rest of the candy for cool crayons or a book.
This year I’ll be entertaining for Halloween so I came up with some fun healthy ideas the parents and kiddos will love. And hopefully you will too!
Spider Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs (I love making these with the instant pot)
- one can of pitted black olives
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in half vertically
- Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix well
- Evenly disperse heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites
- Cut the olive in half lengthwise. Place half on the egg as the spider body
- Cut the remaining half into 2 vertical pieces. Cut each piece into 3 vertical slices, so you will have 6 legs.
- Poke legs into the egg filling to adhere them. You don’t want any legs falling off